Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Reading Diary Week 14: Brothers Grimm


I don’t understand why the cat and mouse want to eat a tub of fat. That sounds disgusting, even for animals. I don’t like the cat. The cat is manipulative and untruthful. Why did the mouse call the cat a true friend?

I think I’ve heard this story before. Although, I don’t remember the wolf eating chalk to make his voice softer… why would that work? I like the happy ending to this story, though. This is the Little Red Riding Hood story I am familiar with, where they fill the wolf’s stomach with rocks. I wonder if this element was added to the LRRH story?

How could these parents just live without their sons so carelessly? This story is kind of dark. The picture is very dark.

I played Little Red Riding Hood in the musical Into the Woods and it is my most beloved character of all time. This brings back some great memories. Putting stones in the wolf's belly was part of the original story. I wonder if this is a common thing in the Brothers Grimm stories.

This story is really similar to other stories I have heard. I like that the innocent pur of heart brother killed the boar. The ending is so sad, though.

I love love love this story. It reminds me of Christmas for some reason. I think that might be when I originally heard it. I always liked to imagine it was Santa’s elves helping out an adult for Christmas.

I don’t understand the moral or point of this story?

The beginning reminds me of old yeller. This also reminds me of a story I read during the semester, but I can’t think of which one. I’ll have to go through my reading notes. This is almost exactly like the story I read, actually.

I remember this story from my childhood. I heard this exact version, and it has always interested me. The only part I didn’t hear was the very end where Rumpelstiltskin rips himself in two.

No comments:

Post a Comment