Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 1: My Favorite Places


My favorite place is the mountains. I have been to Yellowstone National Park and was able to go up through the mountains there. I also have family up in Wyoming, and that is where I have spent the most time in the mountains. I love the mountains because they are so peaceful and relaxing. Camping in the mountains is so much better than camping in Oklahoma. I personally took all of these pictures this summer while I was on vacation in Wyoming and Yellowstone. My dad is from Sheridan, Wyoming which is also one of my favorite places, and these mountains are very close to there. 






3 comments:

  1. What lovely pictures, Linzee! And my husband would approve: he used to live in Wyoming and I know he still misses it because he checks the weather where he used to live, especially if it might be snowing there! And it snows there a LOT. Although there's not a Wyoming unit in the class "untextbook," there are some tribes represented in those units who live in Wyoming, like the Arapaho and Cheyenne. Maybe that is a topic you might want to explore, learning some new things about Wyoming through those stories! If you cannot travel to a place for real, traveling by means of stories can be a nice imaginary substitute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Gibbs,

    Thank you so much! I am interested in those stories. However, I have an obsession with Roman and Greek mythology and folklore. So, I am hoping there will be plenty of that. I also study Arabic and love Indian culture, so I am excited for that portion of the course, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Linzee, this sounds like it will indeed be a good course for you. We start off with Greek and Roman, and then Middle East and India... and you will be choosing your own Storybook topic to work on all semester. The resources for Greek and Roman myth online are amazing if that is the direction you want to go. And that is so cool that you are studying Arabic: the Arabic program is something really impressive about OU!

    And you can call me Laura, really! I figure if we are blogging together, we might as well all be on a first-name basis, right? So, thanks for your comment back ... and now I know the thing I sent up so that I get notified of comments-back is working too. I appreciate your help in letting me test that out! Whoo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete