Friday, August 22, 2014

Week 1: Storybook Favorites

Week 1: Storybook Favorites

I found many storybooks that I was interested in. I picked the first five that I really thought I would love after reading the introductions.

The first one I found was Constellation Stories: Facts or Myths?. I liked this story because I think astrology is really interesting, and it discusses stories of different astrological signs. I love the background and design of the website. It was a beautiful background picture and went really well with the subject matter. I want to have a website that incorporates my topic into the design.

Next, I found Deeper into the Forest of the Brothers Grimm, which interests me because my little sister loves the Brothers Grimm. I think I would enjoy the stories from the things she has told me previously. Plus, I could share this story with her!

Additionally, Nursery Rhymes Gone Wrong was interesting to me. It first caught my attention because of the terrifying-looking doll on the main page. I read the introduction and immediately thought I would like this storybook. I love the “after ever after” type of stories. So, I will definitely go back and read this one.

An honorable mention was The Tales of Pooh and Friends. I actually read the introduction and one of the stories for this one because it was so cute. I thought the website was really well set up and had excellent use of pictures. I just loved the stories the author used, and I loved that she tied those stories into the story of Winnie the Pooh.

Finally, A Dog's Afterlife caught my attention because it used Dante’s Inferno for the story backbone. I love Dante’s Inferno and think it is so interesting and dark at the same time. At first, I thought this inferred that the dog went to Hell, but it mentions him going to Paradise. I wouldn’t have read it if the dog went to Hell because All Dogs Go to Heaven. Plus, my dog passed away almost a year ago and that would have made me sad. However, I do intend on reading the rest of this story. Dante’s Inferno is interesting enough, but I think this version will be particularly interesting because it is from a dog’s point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment